We are seeking a skilled CNC Programmer/Machinist to join our organization. The ideal candidate will possess strong programming and machining skills and have the ability to effectively prioritize and manage competing demands. The CNC Programmer/Machinist will be responsible for programming and operating the machine shop CNC production (mill and lathe) machinery. The CNC Programmer/Machinist also performs machining operations as required on manual machines.
- Analyze engineering drawings, sketches, and design data of a part to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, select cutting tools, and establish machining speeds and feed rates
- Write CNC programs to manufacture parts as required by production work orders and approved Request to Production, while focusing on minimizing manufacturing costs and optimizing quality
- Upload programs into production CNC machinery, load tooling, and perform set up operations as required by the program
- Operate CNC machines to manufacture parts as required by production work orders and approved Requests to Production
- Working from blueprints and standardized work instructions, perform machine operations on manual Machine Shop equipment such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders, to manufacture parts as required by production work orders and approved Requests to Production
- Perform additional duties as required
- High school graduate; vocational or trade school preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in CNC programming and operation and general machine shop work
- Experience with GibbsCam software preferred
- Must possess strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Pleasant and cooperative approach to duties and fellow employees
- Intermediate knowledge in general and aerospace machining best practice techniques and the ability to read blue prints and data sheets
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan and 401(k) plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and ability.
Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to email@example.com.