We are seeking an experienced Cost Accountant to join our team. The ideal candidate has an aptitude for numbers and is able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment. The Cost Accountant plans, studies and collects data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory and labor and recommends appropriate cost-saving opportunities.
- Manages inventory and related work order systems including physical to perpetual to general ledger reconciliations, journal entries, audit explanations, and standard costs.
- Manages periodic requirements of manufacturing systems to ensure timing and accuracy of standards and gross margins and provides meaningful analysis of results.
- Manages preparation and execution of annual standard cost roll.
- Manages processes involving establishment of standard cost of new parts, and review and analysis of standard costs for existing parts.
- Analyzes the purchase price variance general ledger account.
- Prepares, reviews and distributes weekly absorption report and compares with forecast.
- Provides cost support to cross functional areas as requested.
- Provides product cost information utilized in month end financial closing.
- Performs reporting activities throughout the month on margins, absorption, PPV and other metrics to ensure timing and accuracy of standards and gross margins.
- Assists in the development and review of cost analysis reports and works with Controller and various department heads to formulate corrective actions.
- Maintains the integrity and accuracy of product cost data.
- Updates and distributes program costing on a monthly basis.
- Audits cycle count activity, selection of items to be counted, recount decisions, research of discrepancies, and reports on root causes and progress toward making improvements doe greater quality and physical accuracy.
- Prepares account reconciliations.
- Performs monthly closing activities including preparation and approval of journal entries.
- Assists in the development and installation of accounting systems, procedures and controls associated with cost accounting.
- Ensures integrity and accuracy of general ledger and cost accounting data.
- Provides support for bids to Vice President, Finance on new contracts.
- Provides cost accounting support of sales & contracts and customer service sales quotation process.
- Performs product cost and profitability analysis related to specific product lines.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- BS or BBA degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university. CPA or CMA certification preferred.
- Minimum five years’ experience in similar role. Accounting in manufacturing environment and government contracts experience a plus.
- Advanced knowledge in MS Excel skills including VLOOKUP’s and pivot tables, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook.
- Solid communication, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan, paid holidays, vacation and PTO. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and ability.
Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.