Field Sales Engineer
We are seeking a talented professional to join our small, high-performing Business Development team, with a specific focus on our military products for the U.S. Army. The ideal candidate will have a unique combination of technical knowledge and business development skills, demonstrated experience in the aerospace and defense industries, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Field Sales Engineers have the substantial responsibility of working with customers to define requirements and develop product concepts. Additionally, Field Sales Engineers are responsible for the prompt and efficient processing of customer inquiries.
- Supports the efforts of regional factory representatives that have marketing agreements with the company
- Contacts and provides support to existing customers
- Develops new applications for existing products
- Provides information for potential new products
- Provides onsite technical/product training and troubleshooting
- Coordinates Field Engineering efforts with field engineers and managers in other areas as required
- Responsible for keeping cognizant of the applications and operations of new products
- Establish relationships with key partners in the assigned area (US Army)
- Execute new product roll-out
- Attend industry trade shows and conduct on-site customer visits
- Performs additional duties as required
- BS in engineering or related technical field from accredited college or university preferred
- 5 years’ experience in aviation or technical business development
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Problem-solving skills in a technical environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- 30-50% travel required
- Direct experience in aviation maintenance is a plus
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan and 401(k) plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education, and ability.
Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to email@example.com.