Business Development – Army Programs Manager
Howell Instruments is currently seeking a highly motivated aerospace (aviation) professional to join our high-performing Business Development team. This person will be responsible for strategic growth new business planning, pursuit capture planning, orders forecasting, market and competitive research, marketing communications, customer and partner relationship management, business case analysis, market and opportunity development, capture strategy, and leading bid and proposal activities for all key pursuits.
The preferred candidate will have an extensive background in the aerospace (aviation) market with hands-on experience working with the U.S Army Aviation arena in the development of business strategies and solutions, the development of technology advancements, and the processes required to establish competitive pricing for key market opportunities.
- Develop growth strategies with existing and new customer organizations
- Defining market assessment and opportunities and the strategic development of 1-yr, 3-yr, and 5-yr business plans and the development of business cases for each key opportunity
- Identify, pursue and capture niche markets in the U.S. Army Aviation arena
- Develop and maintain market and competitive intelligence
- Build new while leveraging existing relationships with key customers and decision makers
- Develop, refine and update business cases and forecast
- Lead for customer bid and proposal activities, including win strategy, competitive analysis, price to win, and creation of winning proposals
- Lead cross functional teams in the creation and execution of business plans through the pursuit & capture of major/key opportunities
- Undergraduate degree required, BSEE or BSME from accredited college or university preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in aviation and business development
- Strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to develop & implement growth strategies
- Professional sales personality and consultative solution providing approach to customer problems required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Up to 15-20% travel will be required
We offer an excellent benefits package, including life insurance, comprehensive medical and dental plan, profit sharing and retirement plan and 401(k) plan. Salary will be commensurate with experience, education and ability.
Qualified applicants should e-mail resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.